RELIABLE ON-HAND RESCUE TREATMENT FOR SEIZURE CLUSTERS1
VALTOCO is there for your patients when they need it most
- VALTOCO optimizes diazepam for nasal delivery using two key ingredients1,2:
- Intravail®—Designed to facilitate drug delivery and absorption across the nasal mucosa by increasing permeability and loosening tight junctions between cells3,4
- Vitamin E—Provides adequate drug concentration within a small liquid volume, while coating the nasal cavity5-7
- Nearly complete absorption1,8,9
SEE HOW VALTOCO WORKS
Learn how VALTOCO's unique formulation optimizes diazepam for nasal delivery, and how it helps patients manage seizure clusters wherever, whenever.1,2
RELIABLE ABSORPTION WITH SUSTAINED PLASMA LEVELS THROUGHOUT THE DAY1,8,9
Pharmacokinetic (PK) studies were conducted in patients with epilepsy and healthy volunteers1
- 97% absolute bioavailability relative to IV diazepam1,8,9
- Plasma levels sustained for 24 hours1
- Predictable PK with low interpatient and intrapatient variability1
- Diazepam PK 2- to 4-fold less variable than diazepam rectal gel regardless of patient weight1,11
NASAL SPRAY ADMINISTRATION COUPLED WITH THE PROPRIETARY VALTOCO FORMULATION ACCOUNT FOR KEY PK DIFFERENCES VS IV DIAZEPAM1,8,9
Seizure clusters occur over a 24-hour period.12
Data from an open-label, crossover study of the bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of diazepam after intranasal and intravenous administration to healthy volunteers (N=24) under fasted conditions (Study 01).
SPECIFIC, INDIVIDUALIZED DOSING1
VALTOCO is available in 4 treatment doses: 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg. A patient's dose is based on age and weight. It's important to note that1:
- No more than 2 doses should be used to treat a seizure cluster1
- A second dose may be given at least 4 hours after the initial dose, if required1
- It is recommended that VALTOCO be used to treat no more than 1 episode every 5 days and no more than 5 episodes per month1
|6-11 years (0.3 mg/kg | 0.66 mg/lb)|
|10-18||22.0-39.7||5||One 5 mg nasal spray device in one nostril|
|19-37||41.9-81.6||10||One 10 mg nasal spray device in one nostril|
|38-55||83.8-121.3||15||Two 7.5 mg nasal spray devices, one in each nostril|
|56-74||123.5-163.1||20||Two 10 mg nasal spray devices, one in each nostril|
|12+ years (0.2 mg/kg | 0.44 mg/lb)|
|14-27||30.9-59.5||5||One 5 mg nasal spray device in one nostril|
|28-50||61.7-110.2||10||One 10 mg nasal spray device in one nostril|
|51-75||112.4-165.3||15||Two 7.5 mg nasal spray devices, one in each nostril|
|76 and up||167.6 and up||20||Two 10 mg nasal spray devices, one in each nostril|
Each box of VALTOCO contains 2 blister packs1
1 blister pack = 1 complete dose with Instructions for Use1
SINGLE DOSE USED FOR VAST MAJORITY OF EPISODES10
Percentage of seizure episodes for which a single dose of VALTOCO was used over the course of 24 hours (N=3,914)10
Data from a 12-month, open-label, repeat-dose safety study in epilepsy subjects (Study 05).
- Ongoing open-label, repeat-dose safety study10
- 177 patients with epilepsy, ages 6 to 65 years of age10
- 3,914 seizure episodes were treated with VALTOCO10
- Exploratory analysis. Study did not have prespecified efficacy endpoints10
- 12-month treatment period for each patient13
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT VALTOCO?
Get a free Office Starter Kit. All kits include a demo sprayer, further information about VALTOCO, such as a step-by-step guide, and other helpful tools to support you and your patients.
RELIABLE SEIZURE CONTROL, WHEREVER, WHENEVER
VALTOCO is an on-hand rescue treatment ready to use when patients need it most1:
- Small and portable packaging1
- One-time use device: entire contents delivered when plunger is pressed1
- Room temperature storage1
- No active participation required from patient14
VALTOCO is designed for prompt administration by anyone1:
- Can be administered in an actively seizing patient laying on either their side or back14
- When giving VALTOCO, the person's head can be in any position at any time during the seizure cluster cycle14
- Anyone who may need to give VALTOCO should review the full Instructions for Use before use
HOW TO ADMINISTER VALTOCO14
Remove VALTOCO from the blister pack
HOLD VALTOCO with your thumb on the bottom of the plunger and your first and middle fingers on either side of the nozzle.
DO NOT test or prime; each device sprays only one time.
INSERT the tip of the nozzle into 1 nostril until your fingers, on either side of the nozzle, are against the bottom of the person's nose.
For nasal use only.
PRESS the bottom of the plunger firmly with your thumb to give VALTOCO.
Throw away nasal spray device(s) after use.
If giving the 15 mg or 20 mg dose, repeat the steps and use the second device in the other nostril to give the full dose of VALTOCO.14
Remember: If needed, a second dose may be given at least 4 hours after initial dose.1
Please see full Instructions for Use for a complete guide to administering VALTOCO.
SIMPLY PRESCRIBE VALTOCO, AND MAXOR WILL TAKE IT FROM THERE
We've partnered with Maxor Specialty Pharmacy to make it easier on you and your patients in prescribing and receiving VALTOCO, which can be delivered straight to your patient's door with no extra cost to them.
Once you have prescribed VALTOCO, submit the prescription to Maxor Specialty Pharmacy via fax (1-866-217-8034) or e-prescription
A Maxor representative will reach out to you within 24 hours if any clarification or authorization is needed
After that, Maxor will work with the insurer, you/your staff, and your patient so that their VALTOCO shipment will be ready to go
Maxor will ship VALTOCO right to your patient's door. All they have to do is sign for it!
Through the VALTOCO copay card offering, eligible patients may pay as little as $20*†
*No enrollment necessary.
†For patients with commercial insurance who qualify.